An active, independent and resilient civil society is an essential pillar of democracy. It brings together the experiences and voices of active citizens from diverse backgrounds and integrates them in addressing societal challenges.
We therefore advocate for an open space and supportive environment for the non-profit sector. Civil society organizations (CSOs) have long been monitoring their fields and developing comprehensible professional expertise. In particular, CSO platforms can offer their knowledge of practice and expertise to the public administration for the common good.
In order for CSOs to be adequately involved in the functioning of the state, both spheres need to understand each other better, learn how to organize and fund collaboration, and establish more frequent personal contacts.
- A functioning state that respects democratic principles and takes the needs of diverse social groups into account.
- A collaborative non-profit sector that bridges different perspectives, is cohesive and helps the state to solve problems effectively.
- Favourable conditions for collaboration between the state and CSOs, and the development of relationships and trust between them.
How We Work
- We strategically develop and coorrdinate NeoN. They engage in education, anti-corruption, migration, gender equality, environmental protection, children and youth work and other areas.
- We provide a stable environment for communication, planning and mutual learning. We share knowledge and contacts and respond flexibly to emerging threats and opportunities.
- We support an effective involvement of CSO networks in the development, implementation and evaluation of government policies
- Learn more about our mission, vision and operations in the NeoN Charter.
Members of NeoN
Glopolis initiated the establishment of NeoN in 2018. Since then, we have been providing its coordination, funding and strategic development. We follow the relevant legislative and executive processes on priority topics. We prepare the necessary analyses, organize the exchange of views, develop joint statements and procedures and support negotiations with the state administration. Together with all platforms involved, we strive for democracy, accountable public administration, resilient civil society and sustainable development based on human rights.
Funding is provided thanks to support and grants from Civitates, a pan-European collective philanthropic initiative, the U.S. Embassy in the Czech Republic, and Foundation Open Society Institute in collaboration with the Europe and Eurasia Program of the Open Society Foundations.
We organized a conference: